Senator Click Assembly Instructions
Senator click pen kits Assembly Instructions
- 7mm pen mandrel
- 2-piece Senator bushings
- 10mm Drill Bit
- Live Tailstock Center
- Glue ( CA or Epoxy)
Preparing the Blank
- Cut 1 blank to the length of the tube and add 1/16'' for squaring
- Drill a 10mm hole lengthwise through the
- Spread glue over the tube; insert the blank with a twisting motion to spread the glue evenly
- Center the tube lengthwise inside the
- When the glue is dry, square the ends of the blank. Use a barrel trimmer, or a universal pen blank squaring jig with a power disc sander. Take the excess material down flush with the ends of the brass (Do not trim beyond the length of the tube since this may interfere with operation of the mechanism and assembly). Use a barrel trimmer to clean the inside of the tube.
Turning the Blank
- Mount the bushings and blank according the diagram
- Thread on the knurled nut and hand tighten to hold all components in
- Slide the tailstock up snugly against the mandrel shaft inserting the live center point into the mandrel dimple, lock in place.
- Hand tighten the quill adjustment to firm up the (DO NOT overtighten, it could damage the mandrel.
- Using sharp tools, turn the blank down close to the bushing Turn the barrel (straight or to a profile of your choice)
- Sand the blank down to be flush with the bushings gradually increasing the sandpaper
- Finish the barrel with your choice of Allow sufficient time for the polish to cure.
- Arrange parts according to Diagram
- Press the Tip coupler into one end of the
- Press the Clip assembly into the other end of the
- Slide the Click mechanism from the tip coupler into the Clip assembly
- Insert the Refill with the Spring into the open end of the Note: Make sure the Refill go through the tube end to show the Clip mechanism.
- Thread the Tip onto the
- Thread the Click spring and the Plunger onto the end of the Clip Note: Do not over tighten the assembly onto the Click Mechanism.
To advance the refill press the end of the click mechanism, to retract the refill press the end of the click mechanism again.