Manager Rollerball/Fountain Pen Kits Assembly Instructions
• 7mm Pen Mandrel
• 3 piece Bushing
• 27/64" Drill Bit
• Universal Barrel Trimmer
• Glue (Thick CA or Epoxy)
Preparing the Blank:
• Prepare a master blank of at least 3/4” square. Cut two sections to the length of each tube. (Add 1/16” for trimming)
Mark the center of each blank, Drill a centered hole lengthwise through each blank. Upper blank (shorter tube)—drill a 27/64” hole through. Lower blank (longer tube)—drill a 27/64” hole through.
• Glue each tube in the proper blank. Spread the glue over each tube. Insert the tube into the blank with a twisting motion to spread the glue evenly inside. Center each tube lengthwise inside the blank.
• When glue dries, square the ends of each blank.
Turning the Blank
• Mount the bushings and blanks according the diagram above, note the cap and clip bushings are the same
• Thread on the knurled nut and hand tighten to hold all components in place.
• Slide the tailstock up snugly against the mandrel shaft inserting the live center point into
the mandrel dimple, lock in place.
• Hand tighten the quill adjustment to firm up the mandrel. (DO NOT overtighten, it could
damage the mandrel.
• Using sharp tools, turn the blank down close to the bushing diameter. Turn the barrel
(straight or to a profile of your choice)
• Sand the blank down to be flush with the bushings gradually increasing the sandpaper grits. • Finish the barrel with your choice of polish. Allow sufficient time for the polish to cure.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Nib, Nib coupler and center band are all screwed together within the parts bag, Unscrew before assembly
NOTE: Line up the components according to the above diagram.
• Press the cap/clip assembly to one end of the upper tube (shorter tube).
• Press the center band into the opposite end of the upper tube.
• Press the cap the end of the lower tube.
• Press the nib coupler into the opposite end of the lower tube.
• Fountain---Attach the ink converter to the back of the fountain nib, then thread the
fountain nib into the nib coupler.
• Rollerball--- Insert the spring then the ink refill into the lower tube. Thread the rollerball
nib into the nib coupler.