Monarch kit instructions
Monarch Pen Kits Assembly Instructions
• 7mm, long mandrel
• 27/64” drill bit
• barrel trimmer
• Monarch Bushings
• 2 part epoxy glue or CA glue
• Sanding and finishing supplies such as craft coat or magic juice
Preparing the Blank
- Prepare a master blank of at least 5/8" square. Cut to the length of the brass tube (add 1/16" for trimming).
- Drill a 27/64" Centre hole through the blank.
- Glue the tube in the blank. Spread the glue over the tube; insert the tube into the blank with a twisting motion to spread the glue evenly. Centre the tube inside the blank.
- Sand or barrel trim to square the ends of the blank
Turning the Blank
• Mount 7mm spacer bushing on the mandrel, followed by the tip bushing; wide end first. Insert the blank. Follow with the cap bushing; narrow end first. Mount spacer bushing to fill the space to the threads on the mandrel. Screw on the knurled nut hand tight. Bring the tailstock in snug to the mandrel and tighten the knurled nut for turning. Do not overtighten the knurled nut, it may damage the mandrel.
• Turn the blank down close to the bushings. Follow with abrasives until the barrel diameters are flush with the bushings.
• Finish with your choice of polish.
(Line up finished parts according to Diagram above)
1. Slide the spring onto the refill and place inside the tip assembly. Screw the pen mechanism into the tip assembly.
2. Press clip assembly into the upper end of the barrel.
3. Push pen tube with cap assembly onto completed lower assembly.
4. The pen is now ready to operate; twist clockwise to open.